Terms and Conditions
It is important here at Jacob Sheep Trekking that your experience with us is as safe and pleasurable as we can possibly make it. Agreeing to the following terms and conditions helps us to ensure this. If you have any questions regarding anything within these terms and conditions, we would be very happy to discuss them with you prior to your booking.
How it all works...
1. Browse our experiences and find out more.
2. Book online using our 'BOOK NOW' section.
3. We aim to send your experience information the same working day where possible. Any gifts or vouchers will be posted within 3 working days of purchase. If you are purchasing a gift voucher and would like it sent directly to the receiver please email us with full information. (email@example.com).
3. Gift vouchers have a unique reference code, please quote this when redeeming. Phone or email us to book which date you would like to attend from those offered.
4. Explore the farm on your experience.
5. The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution will then receive their donation.
6. Check our website and social media for pictures of your experience.
Purchasing an experience
It is easy and secure to purchase your experience through us. Choose your experience and add it to your basket. If you are looking for a specific date please get in contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) Once you are happy with your selection click 'checkout' and you will be forwarded to the secure payment system. We accept paypal, debit and credit cards through our website. We can also arrange payments through direct bank transfer. If you are purchasing from overseas your card company will convert the payment to your own currency.
If you have any problems with your shopping basket or payment contact us and we will try to resolve the issue.
Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. You must redeem the voucher prior to the expiry date or the voucher will cease to be valid.
The only exception to this is if an experience has to be cancelled or delayed through circumstances beyond our control, such as extreme weather.
Gift vouchers are flexible and can be used against any of our experiences, there is no charge for exchanging experiences, however if the cost of the chosen experience is of higher price that the original voucher then you will need to pay the price difference. If however your chosen new experience is lower in value than the original voucher then the price difference will he held in credit and can be redeemed against any experiences up until the original expiry date of the voucher, it is non-refundable.
Cancellations and refunds
If you cancel your booking at any time you will not receive a refund under any circumstances. We can not transfer your deposit to an alternative date as by paying a deposit you have secured that date on time on the option you have chosen, therefore preventing others from taking those places.
If Jacob Sheep Trekking cancel your booking, i.e. if we deem the weather to be un-suitable or conditions too dangerous to trek, we will offer you an alternative date or a credit note for your experience. In some circumstances we may give you a full refund. This is the discretion of Jacob Sheep Trekking Management.
Health and Safety
All treks and experiences are considered by us to be very safe, providing you & everybody included in your party follow our advice, guidance and instruction at all times, however all activities are undertaken at your own risk.
The trek options require a moderate level of physical capability for you to be able to participate fully. We must be made aware of any medical condition or physical impairment which may affect your ability to participate. This includes; visual or hearing impairments and pregnancy. If you are unsure of your ability to participate fully or unsure of which option to choose, please discuss this with us, at the time of booking.
Participants of treks and experiences must be willing to listen and take instruction prior to handling the animals and during the treks and experiences. If you are unable or unwilling to do so, you will not be covered by our insurance policy and therefore will not be allowed to handle the animals. A refund will not be available in these circumstances.
All llama treks and experience options are outdoor activities and involve the handling of animals. We ask that you dress appropriately, taking the weather and nature of the activity into consideration. If a participant arrives with inappropriate clothing or footwear for the activity they have booked, we reserve the right not to allow them to handle the animals or trek for reasons of safety. A refund will not be available in these circumstances.
Children and Spectators
Each option has an age restriction, for Health & Safety purposes. Children must have reached the minimum age of 12, on the day they participate, to lead a sheep independently. Any children under 12 must share a sheep with a paying adult. By paying and engaging on your experience or trek, you are agreeing that any children booked on, on the day of your booking have reached the respective age and the relevant birth date for the option you have booked.
We cannot take children under 16 years old on any option without and an accompanying, paying adult. As everybody on the trek is able to benefit from and enjoy the experience and is also able to learn about the animals, therefore either a spectator place or a place with a sheep, must also be purchased for accompanying adults.
Jacob Sheep Trekking reserve the right to decline a booking request, in the interest of safety or participant suitability, even if this becomes apparent on the day of the booking or immediately prior to a trek setting off. A refund will not be available in these circumstances.
Should you have anybody with you on the day who is not booked in on your experience or trek, such as family members accompanying your day out or chauffeurs, please note the following;
- Everybody is part of the experience even if they do not wish to walk a sheep, just like at a theme park where everybody pays for entry, as everybody benefits and gains from the experience, therefore everybody who enters the farm and wishes to meet the sheep must be booked in prior to your arrival.
Please note we are also a working cattle & sheep farm and cannot allow unauthorised persons to wonder around. We also secure the farm when leaving with the sheep on the treks, therefore we ask that all chauffeurs drive off the farm into the local area and return at the time the session is due to end. We can advise about facilities in the local area, so please ask when booking.
- Jacob sheep trekking and Farm experience days have a competition running on Facebook.
- The winner will be selected at random by https://commentpicker.com/
- The winner has 24 hours to contact us via facebook or email to claim their prize.
- The winner can choose a sheep experience - either sheep trekking or lambing experience or fleece to felt (shearing).
- The winner will also win a weekend (two nights) in Aberhyddnant farm cottages. However if the requested weekend has a prior booking then this aspect of the prize will be forfeited.